2.28.2009

Drink

Jardim dos Namorados, Maputo. Nerdy sidenote: Over the past two months I've been shooting more often with my new point-and-shoot camera, a Canon G10, which aside from shutter lag and slow write time is wonderful. It produces RAW files, which is a far cry above my last point-and-shoot, a Minox which was very compact and had some manual functions. I kicked myself several times over when I made a few great photographs with that and had file sizes too small to sell. G10 frames are a bit more square than with a 35 mm camera (note this frame and the previous two blog entries below.) In some ways, I liken it to shooting with an old Rolleiflex and consider the write time sort of like advancing film in the old days. I have never been terribly fond of large equipment (for years my favorite camera was a Nikon FM2 with a 24 mm lens) and ideally, all of my equipment would fit in my pockets which seems more and more likely.